Sunday, February 14, 2010

Song of the Universe


As a child growing up in the Adirondack Mountains,
entering the woods was entering another reality, a world of mystery, the unknown, where nothing was predictable, and anything could happen.

I loved the woods. My imagination took flight there, and I was free. Eventually, the woods came to a river, and while I often fished at its edges, I never crossed that border physically. Mentally, I always wondered what manner of worlds existed on the other side of the mountain? Currently my question is: what manner of realities exists beyond the confines of my current mindscape?

It is this yearning that will guide me into the next chapter of my life. I have a sense that I am on the brink of finding that place where I will feel fulfilled and whole.

As a young mountain girl, I often went to the woods for solace from the cruel conditions of my childhood. There I would climb the biggest boulder I could find and sing at the top of my voice.

I remember singing "Amazing Grace" with all the passion of a child who knows all too well the meaning of the phrase "wretch like me."
The lyrics hold the key as to why it saved me: "Amazing Grace (divinity), how sweet the sound (song) that saved a wretch like me."

 Song is sound, vibration, energy, creativity,    divinity. And creativity/creation, for me, is a seed-thought in the universal mind, coupled with a vibrating heart, blending their energies to create the song of the universe, without which, we wouldn't exist.

by Kathryn Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment