Thursday, July 29, 2010

Shakti and Shiva

Shakti and Shiva


Lying beside you,
arm draped across your chest,
leg snuggled in your thigh,
I feel the rhythmic heaving and sinking
of your belly,

like waves on an
intimate inland lake
flowing in consistent , concentric circles,
disciplined in design
yet undulating with a soft sensuality
that sweeps aside my lack of faith.

Subtly synchronizing my breath with yours,
my lungs, my loins, my heart, my mind
expand
with the universe.

Within each wave
another rhythm,
a double-time syncopation,
containing seeds of passion
which build slowly
like a tidal wave
bursting open the temple door
setting our spirits free
like dolphins breaking the surface,
or soaring eagles.

In time,
the tide subsides
leaving deep peace
in its wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment