Friday, April 5, 2013

Life on the Lake: Part 2


                                                              (the author, tenting)


It's kind of a metaphor for my life - this wishing to be a bird. I'm always observing birds, fascinated by what makes them tick, what compels them live life the way they do, attempting to understand them from the inside out, but maintaining the subtle distance of the observer. I can experience them with my heart, but I will never really be one of the flock. Sometimes I feel this way about being human, too.

Lately, my journalistic tendencies are focused on experiencing Nature: pure, raw, wild, free. During times of hardship when I could not find a friend, Mother Nature sustained me, and now I feel as though I owe her more than just a superficial relationship. I owe it to Her to move more deeply into her embrace, to listen to her soul-songs, and to discover her intimate secrets and truths.

Listen to Woodpecker by Stephen Chapman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQNFWqc-T9Q

No comments:

Post a Comment